…with ROSTO EVOO all the time. Take a look at our latest blog for new recipes and to meet different lovers of food.
Roey (the RO in ROSTO, AKA Mum) makes the best Caponata Dip. Just add some tomato passata if you want to use as a pasta sauce.
Mum’s Caponata Dip with Crostini
Serves 8 as a starter
1/3 cup ROSTO EVOO, plus extra for brushing
2 white onions, finely chopped
1 cup finely chopped celery
350g pitted green olives, finely chopped
110g baby capers in vinegar, drained
100g marinated chargrilled eggplant, finely chopped
80g (½ cup) sultanas, finely chopped
140g tomato paste
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 sourdough baguette, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Combine oil, onion and celery in a large frying pan over a medium heat, and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add olives, capers, eggplant, sultanas, tomato paste, vinegar and sugar.
- Stir to combine and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush each side of sourdough bread slices with extra olive oil and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then place on an oven tray and bake at 180C for 5-10 minutes until crisp and pale golden.
- Serve crostini with caponata at room temperature.